Influencing Urban High School Athletes as they become our future influencers.
ROLE OF A TUTOR
As a tutor, you are more experienced and able to pass on the benefit of that experience. However, your role is not to ‘tell’ the athlete/mentee what to do or just “provide” answers.
The role of the tutor is to:
• Listen and be supportive
• Provide non-judgemental support
• Provide guidance on issues raised
• Clarify goals of student/athlete when appropriate
• Seek to provide appropriate new experiences that provide positive affirmation
• Help them come up with answers by them probing and responding to your questions
• Seek to provide new insights that provide positive affirmation in learning
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
INTERESTED IN TUTORING?
It will take up to 4 months to be approved. If you have any questions please contact
OAT Academy: OATacademy@gmail.com